Our college campuses have trained and compassionate behavioral health personnel who are available to support students during and after national disasters, other disruptions, or any emotional crisis. They can provide information and help to link you to confidential mental health and substance abuse services.
Text REACHOUT to 741741 (24/7)
Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 support via text message. We’re here for everything: anxiety, depression, suicide, school. Text HOME to 741741.
Disaster Distress Helpline
Call or text 800-985-5990
The disaster distress helpline provides immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. The helpline is free, multilingual, confidential, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are worried about a friend’s social media updates, you can contact safety teams at the social media company. They will reach out to connect the person with the help they need.
View the 5 action steps for helping someone in emotional pain infographic to see how you can help those in distress.
Behavioral Health Recovery Outreach Line
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- For healthcare professionals and individuals in recovery
Keep Calm Line
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
211 is an easy-to-remember telephone number that connects callers to information about critical health and human services available in their community. Part of a growing national network, Louisiana 211 serves all Louisiana parishes. Our trained call specialists work to connect residents in need to available resources in their community. A single access point for everyday needs and in times of crisis. For example, 211 can offer access to the following types of services:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food, clothing, shelter, and financial assistance.
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, rehabilitation, health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, and children’s health insurance programs.
- Employment Support: unemployment benefits, financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, and education programs.
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: home health care, adult day care, congregate meals, respite care, transportation, and homemaker services.
- Support for Children, Youth, and Families: Quality childcare, after-school programs, family resource centers, summer camps, and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, and protective services.
- Volunteer opportunities and donations.
Veterans Crisis Line
Dial 988, then Press 1 | Text 838255
Veterans Crisis Chat
The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource that connects veterans 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a trained responder. The service is available to all veterans and those who support them, even if they are not registered with the VA or enrolled in VA healthcare.